"People fail through lack of purpose rather than through lack of talent." Billy Sunday
Self-Discipline for Artists
© 1999 Nita Leland
- JUST DO IT. No one will do it for you.
- SET GOALS. You have to know where you're going so you'll know when you get there.
- ESTABLISH PRIORITIES. Place yourself high on your list. You're important, too!
- USE TIME PRODUCTIVELY. Procrastination gets you nowhere.
- PACE YOURSELF. Work at your own speed and give yourself frequent breaks.
- ASK FOR HELP. You can't do everything yourself.
- SAY "NO." And don't feel guilty about it.
- STAY HEALTHY. Eat right, get rest, and exercise.
- THINK POSITIVELY. You can do it if you think you can.
- TAKE TIME OUT TO PLAY. Why should kids have all the fun?
For more motivational ideas read The New Creative Artist.